To help all you fashionistas get ready for the big day, Bergdorf’s asked me to create a 4th of July nail art tutorial! Below is the final look- what I’m calling the “Patriotic Party Stripe!” To get the step-by-step instructions, visit Bergdorf’s blog, here.
There’s only 3 days until the 4th of July AND there’s only 7 hours until the USA World Cup game! Grab your polishes and head on over to ThisThatBeauty here to get this patriotic fireworks design!
As promised, I’m kicking off America’s b-day a little early by bringing you some super fun and EASY nail art tutorials. I’ve got a little over one week to get your patriotic red, white and blue blood flowing! The first tutorial screams PARTAAY with a healthy dose of confetti from Sally Hansen’s new Color Frenzy collection.
– OPI Nail Envy, base coat
– OPI, Alpine Snow
– Sally Hansen Color Frenzy, Red White & Hue
– Nails Inc Gel Effect, St. James
– Orly Instant Artist Striper, white
– Seche Vite, top coat
– Tape (any kind–painter’s tape, scotch tape, nail art tape)
Step 1: after applying your base coat, paint 1 coat of your white nail polish (I used OPI, Alpine Snow). Wait a few minutes for the polish to dry.
Step 2: apply Sally Hansen Color Frenzy all over your nail. To get the most “confetti,” I suggest pouring some polish on a piece of tinfoil first. This gives you more control, allowing you to pick up specific pieces you want. You can even use a toothpick to get even more precise! Wait a good 10-15 minutes for the polish to c o m p l e t e l y dry. If it’s not 100% dry, the tape in step 3 will smudge and possibly pull off all of the nail polish.
Step 3: put a piece of tape vertically across the center of your nail (I used painter’s tape, but you can use any tape you want). Paint the uncovered part of your nail red. Before the polish dries, slowly remove the tape. Wait a good 5 minutes before moving on to the final step.
Step 4: take your white striper and paint a line right where your confetti and red polish meet.
Voila! You are SO ready to parrrrtay! If you’re feeling inspired, I would L O V E to see your looks! Make sure you tag @theGLITTERYblog on Instagram so I can see!
As you may have seen on Instagram, my brother and my best friend got engaged on Friday!! It was such a beauuuuitful weekend filled with oodles of love, laughter and quality family time! For the big shebang, I did my nails in honor of the two lovebirdz, Ben and Kait.
Saturday, I put my name and my new mermaid and shell charms from Daily Charme to good use. I meannn, how could I have the name ARIEL and not do mermaid nails?!
This fab.com weekend came to an end with cheetah nails inspired by my all time favvvvorite Lesportsac travel makeup bag!
I hope you all had a great weekend and have an even better week!
I have some exciting news to share! CULT Cosmetics has created a new nail art kit inspired by my ombre polka dot mani!
For just $16, you get all of the tools to create this look–
*4 full-size polishes: El Porto, Laguna, Hermosa Beach + Avalon
*A set of 5×2 dotting tools to make the perfect dots!
Click here to get yours now!
|my right hand was a simplified version because I ran out of time!|
|beach nails @ the beach!|
|I did my friends nails too!|
Here are my World Cup nails I did in honor of our first game tonight! I used three of Pure Ice’s new matte shades—Lady Liberty (red), I Pledge Naillegiance (blue) and Pretty ‘n Patriotic (white)
I saw these adorable watermelon nails on @lifeisbetterpolished’s Instagram the other day. They totally inspired me to create my own H2O-melon look! And I had the perfect polishes to put to work—
|right hand- elongated french|
GUYS! It’s officially been 1 year since I launched theGLITTERY! I’m having even more fun than I ever imagined and can’t THANK YOU ALL enough for your continued support and inspiration. Today’s nails are a bold, graphic twist on color blocking–one of my absolute favvvvorite fashion and nail art trends from the past year!
Since I launched this blog, I’ve done a whoooole lot of bomb.com things and met a whoooole lot of bomb.com people. I can’t wait for what’s to come in the next 365 days…including NAIL SCHOOL! That’s right, my head lamp, Seche Vite and I officially signed up for nail school, part-time after work (it starts in August). Stay tuned, because I have BIG plans for theGLITTERY in 2015!
In honor of my GLITTERY-versary, I’m taking a stroll down memory lane and listing out my top 10 very moments/accomplishments of this past year.
- I hosted nail art parties for friends, friends of friends and some new friends! PS- if you’re interested in having your own nail party, email me at theGLITTERYblog@gmail.com!
- I became a monthly contirubutor/nail art tutorialist (it’s a word in my world) for the fabulous Felicia Walker of ThisThatBeauty.com. Check out my June tutorial here.
- I did Mani Mondays at The Bromley Group in NYC, giving manis to editors from Cosmo, InStyle, Glamour and Family Circle…to name a few 😉
- I had a nail art booth at the New York Junior League’s Annual Golden Tree Celebration (remember this)
- Gave nail art to adoorrrrable little girls for the official opening for DOT, a store for girls, on the upper west side.
- Did a nail art pop up at Bergdorf’s to celebrate KENZO’s SS14 collection (read about it here)
- Had weekly features on Beautyhigh.com (love them!)
- I sat front row at a taping of one of my fave gal pals, Bethenny, got a pic with her and my nails AND she instagrammed it! I’m still dying….
- Created 4 Halloween nail art tutorials for Good Morning America!
- Have made/continue to meet so many new, wonderfully talented people in the nail art community, both in NYC and on Instagram! It’s a powerful, fabulous community to be a part of!
- Okay, I have a #11 favorite moment… I ran- and finished- the Brooklyn Half Marathon, my first half ever! I continuously have to remind myself that it was actually me running that betch. Plus it was a great nail moment- remember these?
I love you all!
Want these summer-ready color block nails?!? Learn how to get them in 4 eaaaasyy peasy steps at ThisThatBeauty.com!